Now Hiring! Various Assistant Instructor Positions available for the 2018 Season!
Do you love being on the water in beautiful British Columbia? Do you get joy from helping others and teaching people how to sail? Have a positive attitude and love being around people? DSA Victoria offers sailing lessons and outings to people with all types of disabilities of all ages. Join our team for the 2018 season and share your love of sailing with others! No prior experience working with people with disabilities necessary – we provide the training.
Who we are looking for?
CANSail 1&2 instructors who are either ‘trained’ or ‘certified’. We are seeking candidates who have a willingness to motivate and encourage others, who are a team player and are willing to learn. Our instructors are partially funded through the Canada Summer Jobs grant and should meet the eligibility criteria as defined by the grant (a full-time Canadian student (3 courses) in the year leading up to the summer with the intention of returning to studies in the Fall). Candidates who are currently obtaining certifications or do not meet all the grant eligibility should also apply!
- Competitive salary, compensation and will cover the Sail Canada registration fee (Assistant Instructors wage: $15.29/hrs + 4% holiday pa; Head Instructor wage: $18.13/hr + 4% holiday pay).
- Contract for the full summer (40 hrs/week for 12-16 weeks).
- Supportive and friendly community club in beautiful Esquimalt Harbour.
- Opportunities to participate in club racing and attend regattas.
- Training and orientation on coaching sailors with disabilities.
You will be:
- Working with children and adults with disabilities.
- Conducting sailing lessons and outings.
- Ensuring the safety of sailors and volunteers during sails.
- Ensuring the care and maintenance of the boats and equipment within the fleet.
- Working with the sailor’s strengths and abilities to help each person succeed in reaching their goals.
- Assisting with DSA Victoria social media, special events, and activities.
Resume and Cover Letters are now being accepted. Please submit to:
Amie Renaud, Director of Athletic Programming
*Positions will remain open until filled. Students with a disabiliy, indigenous students and students who are members of a visible minoity are encouraged to apply.